Friday, June 29, 2018

Interlude...hehe...'lude'...hehe...

hehe

I often think. and that's the problem.

I think about Life, Love, the planet, the environment, people and how
stupid they are, people and how awesome they are.
and I think and think and think.
so I think too much.
Because I think too much I don't act enough.
I think I know the 'reality' of a situation so I either roll with it -
which means do nothing - or I wait for an opening - which, again,
means do nothing.
I don't see myself as afraid or a coward.
I take a look at my previous experiences and try to figure out the
answer based on those previous situations and how they went.
Basically, I overthink and think myself right out of action
because I feel I know the outcome or I convince myself it's a
waste of time.
But I overlook the reality that not every situation is the same.
Yes, some are but not All of them are.
When I go looking for a job, I go on an interview and afterward I
stress out about whether I got the job or not. Most of the time I don't
and I go to the next interview. I keep doing this until I come to a
place where I say 'Whatever happens, happens and we'll see.'
I get to the point where my Taoist views Finally kick in and allow
myself to be in the moment and the situation and accept that,
whether I want the job or not, I have to accept what happens,
whatever that is.
When relating to people it should be the same way.
We don't know how things will turn out but our preconceived
ideas get ahead of us and we bring expectations into that particular
burgeoning relationship. We want some to be our friend/lover/whatever
and so we stress about the outcome. Only when we let go and
realize that we have no control over people and how they think
or feel and just accept the situation for what it is can we see that
we get what we needed.
New employee came to my job (retail market, McEnroe's Organic Farm).
Michelle. Nice. Funny. Pretty. We get along.
I talked to her about the show Critical Role (I'm an unofficial Critter) and
she likes it too. She tells me she plays D&D with people from her school
and they were starting a new campaign. I told her I would LOVE to
play. She said she would ask the DM and get back to me.
She didn't respond for days so I started to overthink the situation
"DIDISAYSOMETHINGWRONG?!" "WhatthefuckdoIdoNow?!"
"IREALLYWANTTOPLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
Finally, I said to myself "She has a life. She'll get back to me and I'll
find out then." and I let it go. I was Taoist again and, a little disappointed,
at peace.
Soon as I did that she texted me and said "sorry I'm getting back to you
late. We're playing on This day at This place. Come by and see what it's
like." And I was Happy.
I'm now playing in the new campaign with her and her boyfriend and
their friends and they are all amazing and playing D&D again is AWESOME!

Bringing our own...Garbage to a situation, be it desires, wants, needs,
judgements, opinions, whatever, create in all of us undo stress and
sometimes fuck us right out of what we want.
Giving it all up and saying 'OK. I know nothing. We'll see what happens
and that will be that.' frees All of us to be our Real, Genuine selves.
Yes we are emotional selfish people but if we take that crap out and allow
ourselves to Be Ourselves we are provided with what we need.
Look at your Own lives.
Figure out what You need and how you approach it.
Because in the end, it's all about being Happy.
Maybe part of Happiness is playing a game with a bunch of new cool people.


That's all for Now, Space-Pals!
Remember: Life is Insane. You're Not.

It may not give you what you want but it gives what you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment