Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Year New Post! = WELCOME to 2014! Same old, same Old....

Hello all! Thanks for being patient and coming back to the blog that is all about things
David M. DiFrancesco!


Sorry to start off this year with a RANT but....needs...heh...


so I play video games and computer games - I have an Xbox 360 and a PC that I play games on - and I like playing RPG's, specifically MMO's. ( look up MMO if you don't know what it is, Chummly)
I have play World of Warcraft (WoW to the players) the Star Wars MMO (SW:TOR - Chummly),
Guild Wars 2 and Neverwinter MMO. all are great fun and very social!


However it's when people forget this social aspect that the fun stops.
I was playing one of these games a while ago and running through a dungeon, a small isolated part of the game that is more challenging - a player can only run through these successfully with other players, usually 5 but certain ones allow for more players - and while playing I noticed one of the group members had left. I looked back at the chat log and noticed this player said 'Kallista (my character) doesn't know her role. This is lame. I'm out.' and just left.
Not only did this shock me that someone would leave in the middle of a fight but that I was singled out as not knowing what I was doing when I was told what to do at the start of the dungeon trek.
This got me to thinking that no matter where you go or what you do someone will always belittle you
and make you look and feel like a fool simply because they can.
Was this person right? Maybe.
Did they do it in a respectful way to the whole group? HELL NO!


I took time away from the game and thought about what had happened and did it Really matter.
After all it's just a Game right?
People don't make these games their lives Right?
right?
uh.....


From what I have experienced over the years, players of these games, and tabletop games, take them
Way too seriously. Maybe their Real Lives are shit so they can feel Strong and Mighty (RUNDMC!)
in these games and when someone does play the way they do it breaks their reality?
I have no clue but I know me and that I never Really care what people think about me, especially someone who would rather call me lame and then make our game more difficult and not as fun for not just me but the other people in the game group.
OK...I can Hear you "But DDF? Why the FISHNICK should we care? As You said 'It's Just a Game'!


Yes but here is the thing....people behave this way because they feel entitled in their strength in these games.
and if they feel that way in a Game....could they possibly take that into Real Life and screw with people's heads?


SO Chummly all's I'm sayin' is that be kind to people in you life....in All your walks of life....cause maybe you are coming off as a jerk,
I could be more ranty but...eh....I'm over it....I will improve. He might stay a jerk. lol


OH and if you don't Like what I'm writing?
DON'T READ IT!


That's all for Now, Space-Pals!
Hope to see you back her again soon.
Remember - Life is Crazy (and so are some people!). You're Not.
Me Too Neither! UMP!

No comments:

Post a Comment