Tuesday, March 26, 2013

log23

Howdy all!
So watching BRAVEHEART and realizing there are a lot of good quotes and scenes in this movie!
Anyway...
...just realizing how difficult Lent is and how we really have it easy.
For about 40 days Catholics are supposed to fast in observance of Jesus' time in the desert
and his passion leading up to his crucifixion and resurrection.
We get to eat one meal a day and drink as much as we want.
If we were to Really show devotion, Catholics would put their faith in God and not eat
until the situation presented itself.
Human beings are too dependent on their bodies and too willing to indulge their weaknesses.
Lent is all about having Faith and giving up any control or weaknesses you have
in order to allow God into you life and have Him show you how to be a Better Catholic.
Being a better catholic doesn't mean not eating.
It means putting your well-being into God's hands and having the Faith to say
"YOUR will be done, God. Not mine."
I gave up a lot of stuff for Lent this year but I feel Better about Lent this year than I have Ever.
I feel that my heart, soul and my Faith has been giving freely and willingly to God
and to do what He needs me to do. his will not mine.
I have fallen but I have gotten back up and kept on with it.
Before I would be discouraged and figure that the whole day was blown so what does it matter.
I feel more....willing to follow my Lenten obligations and I Want to.

That's all for now, Space-Pals!
Remember: Life is Insane. Your Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment